Public Hearing Re: Discovery Charter School at 6:30 pm, followed by the Regular Meeting of the Board of Education.
Anticipated Executive Session at 5:30 pm.
Will the District Clerk convince BOE to boot GCSD budget vote & BOE elections to off-district sites?
At what cost to the voting public's convenience?
- Barrows claims 800 voters can't be accommodated at Paddy Hill School (What did we do when MORE people voted? In 1991 election, well over 10,000 voters cast ballots @14 locations!!)
- Access to parking, handicap spaces, restrooms sited as problems (How do they handle this for Open Houses??)
- Claims too many sites causes "slow reporting" of results! (This was NEVER an issue until Barrows took over! OMG, the results of the stadium defeat STILL haven't been reported by GCSD!)
- BOE Prez. worries about public entering schools they paid for! (I thought our head of security had a sure-fire system to keep pedophiles away!)
- District blames voters for hurting student instruction on vote day! (Sooner or later you just had to know they'd blame those low test scores/graduation rates on the folks who foot the bill!)
SCATS ~~ I want EVERY REGISTERED VOTER IN GCSD's boundary to vote this coming May! DON'T LET THEM BOOT US OUT OF THE SCHOOLS WE BUILT & MAINTAIN!