PROPOSITION #1 ~ Building Repairs/Renovations
This Proposition contains a multitude of "wants" (not "needs") ... from the District's Wish List, to be paid for by Santa Chump, The Taxpayer.
- Many of these "wants" are actually related to the grounds surrounding facilities, not the buildings themselves.
- Many of the projects are specifically related to sports programs ~ example: dugouts
- The "wants" list includes $415,000 for playgrounds
- A whopping $225,000 of that playground fund is targeted for Pinebrook! (Gold-plated!?)
- Storage buildings at 9 schools costing $60,000 each add another $540,000 to the "wants" list. Do we know if we will be closing ANY of these schools soon due to enrollment drops?? No, it hasn't been considered!
- At least 10 bldgs. are to get pricey parking lot, access road or bus loop repairs, expansions or new construction.
PROPOSITION #2 ~ Athletic Stadium w/Toxic Turf & Lights
This Proposition is/was promoted using numbers that left much to the imagination, if not outright lies told to the 28 person pro-sports committee who parroted the misinformation all over town.
This proposal is based upon
POOR FINANCIAL DECISION-MAKING
- District office told the committee that State Aid would reimburse 78% of the cost. This has been PROVEN TO BE A LIE!
- The actual State Aid reimbursement will be a mere 23%!
- The project's BASE COST is $8.5 million
- Factually, GCSD could finance building the stadium using funds they already have on hand!
- Under this Proposition, the TOTAL COST balloons to $12.5 million!
- Of that $12.5 million TOTAL COST, $4 million is INTEREST !!
- That $4 million interest expense AND the paltry 23% State Aid reimbursement rate were both kept hidden by GCSD!
Would you buy a $25,000 car and pay $12,000 in interest on the loan when you already have the money in your savings account??
No?? Then why in hell would you approve this Proposition to build a stadium with a toxic turf field and unknown maintenance costs??
You know you wouldn't!!
Proposition # 3 ~ Land acquisition at 1862 Latta Road
This proposal is to expend $207,450 from fund balance money to purchase real estate Greece Central has drooled over for decades. The problem is, they want to build a bus wash facility on it and do not know if/when the taxpayers might ever OK such a costly proposal. In reality, we should be reducing the number of buses we own/maintain as enrollments shrink, making this less necessary in the future.
We believe they intend to use this property to PARK STADIUM ATTENDEES, since Arcadia's parking lots accommodate only +/- 500 cars.
When you vote on TUESDAY MARCH 24th, please remember:
Approval of Props 1, 2 & 3
will add approx. $20+ to the average home's property taxes ANNUALLY*
PROVIDE NO BENEFIT IN THE CLASSROOM!
* before exemptions