Monday, September 23, 2013

Bullying Drives Families Out Of GCSD


Anonymous said...
I just wanted to express my concerns with the Greece Central School District. I moved from New Jersey in 2002 to Greece, Ny. At that time, Greece was considered one of the safest places in suburban NY. I had three children who did well. I, myself became an employee of GCSD. As the years came and gone, I began to see such a decline in the safety and well being for my children. My youngest child spent three years at Athena Middle School terrified because of her bullies. We tried every avenue to help her. In the end, she made the poor choice to become the trouble maker so she could be sent to the office to avoid the abuse. I made the decision to move to Farmington. My daughter is a different girl. She is happy and is making great grades. It's terrible that I had to get out of Greece to protect her. It's ashame that GCSD failed in protecting my child. What happened?    9/22/2013 9:40 PM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why enrollment is down to just 11,000. The anti-bullying campaign doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Scats,
you may have seen this already. But at least one Greece student is trying to utilize his skills for a bright future! :)
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130923/SPORTS02/309230041/Rochester-Amerks-training-camp

SCATS said...

To 12:27PM ~~ Interesting that you post about hockey under a thread on bullying.

Watch out J-Mac! You might get unseated as Greece's mascot/claim to fame.

Anonymous said...

What, exactly, does the anti-bullying campaign consist of? What are they actually doing?

Does anyone have a link to a good description document online? And has anyone (or anyone's kids) actually seen the campaign in action?