Wednesday, April 03, 2013

If You Know Author Rory E. Smith ...



... SCATS wants to ask him a few questions about the status of his lawsuits against the Town of Greece/Greece Police Dept. and the "crazy woman."


Rory vs. Greece Police

Wease got this e-mail yesterday (1/17/12):

Hi Wease,
 
My name is Rory Smith. I was on your show a few years ago talking about my crime novel, Devil In The Metal.
 
I am currently writing a new book--this one totally non-fiction--about some garbage that has been going on between me and the Greece Police Department over the last year.
 
In December 2010, based upon the lies of a CRAZY Greece woman I was charged with 5 major felonies. They included Rape, Assault, Strangulation and Sodomy! There was no evidence. There wasn't even a signed testimony from the crazy woman. Yet the Greece police decided to plunge forward and charge and arrest me! I was driven up to Greece in the back of a State Police car after being arrested on Long Island! Then I spent 2 days in your lovely Monroe County jail, until I was bailed out for 15,000 feaking dollars!
 
Eight months later, a Monroe County Grand Jury dismissed ALL charges without an indictment. I was able to show them that I wasn't anywhere need Greece, and therefore could not have done the crimes.
 
If you live in Monroe County, you paid for this with your taxes!!!!
 
I would love to call in and talk to you on the air about this. please let me know if you are interested. It's become quite a dirty little story.
 
   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the law suit went no where. Sounds like the cops arrested him because our lovely state has a mandatory arrest law on domestic felonies. I know this because something similar but less dramatic happened to my brother. He was told its a mandatory arrest and once she makes a report even she can't request no arrest that would have to come from the Distric Attorneys Office.

SCATS said...

To 2:05PM ~~ Lawsuits can take years to wind their way through the courts. In this particular case, the pretend victim was fairly well-known in certain Greece circles. Nevermind that Smith was her purported boyfriend which she touted openly on a BLOG, on Facebook, etc.

Oh, and did I mention she was already quite friendly with some of GPDs top cops when she cried "rape."

But I'm SURE that had nothing to do with the misery they put this innocent man through (cough, cough).

Anonymous said...

if this guy lives in geneva or finger lakes area he seems to be on facebook Rory E. Smith

Anonymous said...

Is this the same guy that is listed on a certain "model" page as CEO and the "victim" is the president?

SCATS said...

To 3:47PM ~~ Uhhmmm ... nope, I don't think that's the right guy. The fellow I'm interested in lived in the LI/MYC area and authored a book.

To 4:57PM ~~ You are VERY warm ;)