Saturday, December 08, 2012

All Greece Fire Districts Holding Elections


TUESDAY DECEMBER 11th at the following locations & times:

Barnard Fire District
 2 to 9 p.m.
3084 Dewey Ave.
CANDIDATE:  Ronald Wood

Lake Shore Fire District
 2 to 9 p.m.
 1 Long Pond Road at the corner of Edgemere Drive
CANDIDATES: James Camiolo, Randy Jensen

North Greece Fire District
 2 to 9 p.m.
1766 Latta Road
CANDIDATE: Joseph Meath

Ridge Road Fire District
 6 to 9 p.m.
 1299 Long Pond Road
CANDIDATE: Kenneth Bowers

One of the five members of the Board of Fire Commissioners in each district is up for re-election annually, according to state rules. They serve five-year terms. Their responsibilities include overseeing financial operations within the fire districts, including the salaries of paid staff, building maintenance & equipment purchases. Voters MUST be register with the Monroe County Board of Elections.

SCATS ~~ I wonder why RRFD, one of the most expensive fire districts in Monroe County, has such limited hours for voters to have their say. It appears they do NOT want people voting on something that has a great impact on their taxes. Better plan on parking at the park on Long Pond Rd. and walking over, just in case you can't get access to their lot ;)
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many fire tax $$$$$ is this election costing?

Anybody want to bet the total number of voters participating will be a few over the total number of firemen, fireman's wives and exempts?

Anonymous said...

I thought I was reading about the upcoming election but I see nothing has been updated since 2012. With all the complaining about no one knowing anything, there sure isn't anything being reported. And I heard there's a new candidate in town in North Greece. The letter I received looks like major waves going to be made. Why isn't anyone talking about it? Why am I not seeing anything in the paper? The election is 10 days away. There's just a Facebook page that I found.... WTH?!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was reading about the upcoming election but I see nothing has been updated since 2012. With all the complaining about no one knowing anything, there sure isn't anything being reported. And I heard there's a new candidate in town in North Greece. The letter I received looks like major waves going to be made. Why isn't anyone talking about it? Why am I not seeing anything in the paper? The election is 10 days away. There's just a Facebook page that I found.... WTH?!

SCATS said...

To 11:54PM ~~ When I think of Greece fire districts, I think of corruption. Care to share the letter?