Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just 5 Reported Bus Incidents/Day For 10,500 Students


Greece Central Schools Stats on Bus Incidents Shows Some Interesting Trends

Unsafe student behavior or a safety-related incidents accounted for about 40 percent of all referrals last year.

The second-highest number of referrals, 163, came from the use of bad language. Fights accounted for 136 referrals, property damage for 27 referrals, possession of a hazardous object accounted for 8 and spitting accounted for 14.

GCSD's Bullying Reporting Process
   
SCATS ~~ The day after Karen Klein became known to all, Deb Hoeft told us at a press conference held at the transportation dept. that JUST 50 INCIDENT REPORTS related to busing had been received for the entire school year! Something's NOT right with the figures given to the reporter ... or could it be that Deb Hoeft doesn't know what she's talking about??
  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 reported incidents per day is way low. For over 200 buses each with 2-4 trips/schools? 50 sounds more reasonable.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many of these incidents were from Olympia. Maybe these were some of the "horror stories" that were predicted on here!

Anonymous said...

These numbers are too low! No way only 50 incidents per day happen. Looks like most aren't written up and reported.

Anonymous said...

This report barely scratches the surface. Nearly every run has some kind of trouble. I've seen it first hand.

SCATS said...

To 8:44PM ~~ As I recall, didn't Pallas tell the media that GCSD had received only 50 written reports for the entire year? I am pretty sure she made that claim early in the Klein situation.

I agree, these numbers are ALL too low for a district this large.

SCATS said...

I just looked back on the BLOG and found reference on June 21, 2012 to Deb Hoeft's (it wasn't Pallas) contention that GCSD had received a mere 50 incident reports related to busing for the entire school year! The statement was made during a press conference. I knew at the time this figure would come back to haunt GCSD ... and now it has.

Anonymous said...

there were days when 5 referrals came from my route alone. I call BS on 5 per day for the entire district.

SCATS said...

To 12:34AM ~~ I call BS on 50 incident reports for the year, too. They get caught in their own spin so often.

Anonymous said...

I thought they said 50 were related to Bullying, which when I read the D&C story is about how many Meghan referenced were bullying reports. Not the overall referral count for everything.

SCATS said...

To 9:07AM ~~ Deb Hoeft's statement was about having received just 50 incident reports. I recall my shock over the low number given it was for an entire year. I do not recall any mention that these reports were for a specific behavior. Comments left on the BLOG about her statement did not mention anything specific either.