Sunday, October 23, 2011

What The Greece Town Board Candidate's Say ...


Ward 1

Republican Shannon J. O'Keefe, 32, of Killarney Dr. is running unopposed (Incumbent).

Ward 2 

Republican Brett C. Granville, 45, of Picturesque Dr. is an attorney with the Monroe County Law Department. ~~ "We started using the library and community center, and it was eye-opening to see all the services offered if you take advantage of them ... I have always been highly accessible, and will maintain that if elected. I will be out there talking to constituents and helping them any way I can. The first line to local government is your town council."

Democrat Wendy J. Wright, 63, of Autumn Dr. is a retired College at Brockport professor of public administration. ~~ "I have taught everything from budgeting to intergovernmental relations. I have worked extensively with local governments in economic development in Tennessee. Local government is where a lot of actions are that certainly affect everyone, sometimes even more than the federal government ... With all Republicans on the board, there's a lot done behind the scenes that we as citizens aren't privy to."

Ward 3 

Republican Andrew Conlon, 27, of Mountain Ash Dr. is a director of constituent services for Sen. Joseph E. Robach, R-Greece. ~~ "Greece is my home, and I want to make sure we are taking the steps to make sure the town is going in the right direction for when I do have a family I will raise here ... We have to tighten our belts and do more with less ... Also, we increased officers in the police department this year, added patrols in areas where they were needed and moved Precinct 2 from near Fetzner Road to a new location in the Dewey/Stone area."

Democrat Rita E. Garretson, 55, of Wildwood Dr. is director of Creating Assets, Savings & Hope (C.A.S.H.), a coalition led by the Empire Justice Center and the United Way of Greater Rochester. ~~ "I hear talk of the clubbiness and the old boys' club, and I believe people are looking for someone like me who has the guts to stand up and ask tough questions and hold town government accountable for how they serve us. And I think it's important that there is somebody on the Town Board whose day-to-day job isn't dependent on them being a member of the Republican Party. I will be an independent voice ... "I worked in a variety of areas (at RG&E),  from operating to planning, budgeting, accounting and purchasing," she said. "I have experience that's important in knowing how to run a business. And being with part of a not-for-profit, I also know how precious every dollar is and how you need to think about how you're going to spend that dollar and make sure you stretch every dollar as far as you can."

Ward 4  

Republican Kirk Morris, 41, of Thorn Apple Ln. (Incumbent)

Democrat Norma J. Cummings,  is not actively campaigning.

SCATS ~~ Rita Garretson appears to be the best option for bringing some semblance of a balance of power (i.e. a voice for the community) back to the Greece Town Board.
   

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I lived in ward 2 i would certainly vote for Wendy She seems to have a lot of administrative experience

Anonymous said...

How do I know what ward I live in? I would vote for Wendy or Rita if I can.

SCATS said...

To 11:30AM ~~ You can check the Town of Greece website, or call the Town & ask.

Anonymous said...

Why is Norma Cummings not actively promoting herself?

I live in the 4th. ward and have no intentions for voting for the Incumbent, Kirk Morris.

Anonymous said...

it might be interesting to get similar coverage of the county leg races> these are important too.

Anonymous said...

SCATS, I don't know why you passed over Wendy. I was impressed by the mailer we got from her. My sister met her. I think Wendy is tough and smart and won't take Auberger's BS.

SCATS said...

To 11:04PM ~~ The only thing I know about her is what I read in the article I pulled the quotes from.

Anonymous said...

Scats, you need to give us more information about Norma and Wendy. They sound like they'd be good but you haven't shared any information about them yet. Rita Garretson is great but she's not the only Democrat running this year yu know!

SCATS said...

To 12:06AM ~~ If I had it, I would.

Anonymous said...

Love how you clearly fail to indicate that Rita is married to Dave Garretson who just happens to be head of the Greece Democrats. How can she claim INDEPENDENCE?

SCATS said...

To 10:20AM ~~ The same way that Mary Matalin & James Carville do!

It really GALLS YOU TERRIBLY that she's running, doesn't it? lol

Anonymous said...

I think Rita would probably tell Dave what to do!!

Anonymous said...

Many of the republicans are endorsed by the conservative and the independence parties. It's weird that there is an "independence" party. It used to be that if you were independent you weren't registered with a party, just registered to vote. I guess those non-aligned people are "really independent".
10:20 must be the lady that has taken on the task of promoting Rita's opponent. Chuckle. Chuckle. Sometimes I think it is just me and Scats and that promoter on here. Wouldn't that be funny?
And 9:20 wants to vote for Wendy. That seems to be a different voice. So there are at least 4 of us....3 that are making that other lady that is promoting Andy crazy. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Rita does tell Dave what to do.

SCATS said...

To 12:36PM ~~ I assure you that traffic to this BLOG has picked up very noticeably in the last several weeks as people have taken an interest in the local elections. Even archived threads about Auggie's various scandals have become popular once again ;)

Anonymous said...

From 12:36 That's good about the traffic. Many people are reading what the 3 of us are writing to get a reaction from that other lady. I guess the many visitors are not that interested in writing.

SCATS said...

To 11:53AM ~~ By the way, SCATS has almost 250 followers on Facebook, too ;)

Anonymous said...

Out of a town of over 95,000 people, that's pretty darn impressive SCATS.

SCATS said...

To 4:42PM ~~ Actually it is impressive when you consider it's more than GCSD & GPD have combined ;)