Thursday, April 22, 2010

GPD's Internal Politics Comes To Light In Rahn Trial Testimony

   
From WHEC-TV: Following the June 10, 2008 meeting with Chief Rahn, Deputy Chief Bill Mackin & the GPD command staff, Lt. Chatterton tells Rahn "You will regret this" related to how Rahn was handling the Nick Joseph accident.

JP: Was it you that told Dep. Chief Mackin that "Joseph had a lot of enemies and this didn't look good"?

SC: "There was more to it than that, but yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parrinello & Affronti Express Mutual Frustrations Again

"This trial is not about you and me!" ~~ John Parrinello

"You make a good point but you're losing sight of what this court's role is. I think I've been very fair and patient." ~~ Judge Affronti


SCATS ~~ He "made a good point"!? Holy crapple, Batman! The judge is admitting it IS personal between himself & Parrinello!
     

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that is what the judge is saying at all. I'd be very careful SCATS about definitively saying what any judge "is saying."

Just a suggestion. ;)

Anonymous said...

Long before this trail, Rahn had revealed these tensions. If word got to a complete outsider like me it must have been well known. The version I heard was that Rahn had little day to day authority and that Auberger's guys were going back to Auberger and running the show. Obviously Chaterton is on of Auberger's boys and I bet this was a source of tension.

Probably happening again now.

SCATS said...

To 1:37PM ~~ "I'd be very careful SCATS" sounds as threatening as "you will regret this."

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read the updates on this case, I am reminded of "something wicked this way comes." That something wicked is named Jack Auburger.

Anonymous said...

Can you think of a better case for term limits? The longer folks are in power, the more they think that they are sooooo important and forget that they are serving the public, not feeding off it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't a suggestion, just suggestion?
Gee wizzzz!

SCATS said...

To 7:39AM ~~ Your "suggestion" sounds like it's not OK for people to question the meaning of a judge's words or actions. As far as I know, there is still Freedom of Speech ... AND OPINION ... even in the Town of Greece.

It's interesting to me that whenever I mention a judge by name and comment on some ruling that someone feels the need to "warn" me. I can't help but wonder why that is ... it comes across more like an effort to save the judge from criticism than to spare me (or sometimes others) from some sort of unstated "harm."