Saturday, March 06, 2010

A note from Eddie Gartz ...

 
Eddie Gartz said...
Thank you for all the comments, it’s interesting to find out what people think. To those of you who want a board member that has perfect sentence structure, correct grammar, and uses proper syntax when writing you should vote for someone else. I’m not your guy, that’s for sure. To get out another fault I have been know to be a bit of a pain to those that do not produce results. In regards to the issues mentioned on other blogs you must ask yourself. What are the issues in Greece? High taxes, discipline in the schools? Could I be wrong at wanting to focus on those issues? Are the many guards we now have and the Police that are at the schools each day an overkill or might they be needed to keep order. In regards to the piano, I have a problem with the process and the fact that such a request for this type of expenditure would have been given any consideration. True the piano was purchased under a different superintendent but many who were in the chain of events are still in place. So I’ll ask you to think about this. Why would someone request an extravagance like this in a town that has so many that can’t afford to have taxes raised and more to the point needs them reduced. Why don’t people get it? Why do people allow any request that is not a necessity to get past the first request stage without a huge rolling on the floor laugh when you say, you want what? Would you buy a BMW when a Ford would serve very well if you couldn’t really afford the Ford. In regards to my SNAP logo on my notes. I did this to give those that don’t know me a route to find out more about me. I am very proud of the method of teaching I and Mr.and Mrs. Sayers developed 10 years ago in Chicago. We worked very hard to get it off the ground. Also there is no way SNAP would benefit from me being on the Board. SNAP donates it does not manage and therefore would not be a candidate for one of my suggestions on the list as seen on this blog. To those that don’t know me you should know that I don’t think on the same lines as many, that is true. I am a bit of an outside of the box thinker. However, I have managed multimillion dollar business with great success and I may be able to find creative ways to get cost down and not hurt education at all. So in closing I ask you to ask yourself if you are please with how things are going in the district and is there a need to have fresh thinking on the Board. If you love it then why on earth would you need any change. In that case, vote for the incumbents. There were more questions to answer and my phone number is in the book, call me, I’ll be glad to talk with you. Thanks, Eddie


To the Blog owner. I did not know about this Blog. Thank you ....you are providing a great sevice. You are getting people to think and talk about the issues.   3/06/2010 5:00 PM
  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gartz

It is hard to understand from your posting if you are for real? Are you seriously running for the BOE? Do you have all of the necessary signatures and are they submitted to the BOE clerk?

If you are asking, seriously, for the issues in Greece Central, they are much more deeply invloved than taxes and discipline.

First of all are you a serious candidate?

Sincerely

Doug Skeet

Anonymous said...

Doug, are you?

SCATS said...

To 11:53AM ~~ If you are asking if Doug Skeet is BOE candidate, then no. Currently, he is not qualified to run.

Anonymous said...

Doug is more than qualified. But he fails the residency requirement.

SCATS said...

To 12:01PM ~~ That is the qualification I was referring to ;)