Thursday, January 28, 2010

Todd Baxter Has Three Goals For GPD


A Q&A session with MPNNews gives many insights into how Todd Baxter plans to overcome the toxic environment the GPD scandals have left in the town & PD.
 
"My three main goals are: (1) to rebuild community trust; (2) create more security within the department and bring stability to the police department; and (3) support those officers and bring back morale."
 
" ... I will get to see the completed audit of the investigation before I take over. It’s safe to say that I will make sure we are making the best use of time and resources."
 
"The buck stops with me. My reputation is on the line, along with the other police officers’ reputations. I will make sure it never happens. If it were to happen, my first move would be to address it as quickly as possible and be vigilant. My family’s reputation is on the line and that’s what motivates me."





"I’m a firm believer of developing relationships with the community. As a police chief, I need to develop relationships around the community. I plan to do this by attending meetings of the community and to be out there ... "
 
SCATS ~~ Please make Neighborhood Watch a priority in Greece, Chief! Many of our neighborhoods could benefit much from such a focus by GPD.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd needs to gather and bring evidence to the DA's office on Auberger's interference with the police and his corrupt government. Only that will restore trust.

SCATS said...

To 3:30PM ~~ That is an excellent point!

Anonymous said...

Will Baxter be reporting directly to Loszynski?

Anonymous said...

Loszynski isn't living here, is he?

SCATS said...

To 8:46PM ~~ Not as far as I'm aware. Seems like he ought to consider relocating at this point though ;)