Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tia Gerstner Plea Deal - JUST 6 Months Jail Time!

In a sweetheart deal, Gerstner gets only 6 mo. in Monroe County jail, 5 yrs. probation, her driver's license suspended for 5 yrs. and she is sentenced as an adult.

In return, Gerstner agrees to not appeal.

“I feel indescribable pain each day and struggle every day to focus. I will never be whole again. I am extremely resentful that since the accident, (Gerstner) got to resume her life as it was. She finished her senior year, went to the senior ball and graduated, while our world has been crushed.”” ~~ Deborah Mueller, mother of Joseph Mueller, Gerstner's DWI victim

STORY

SCATS ~~ This makes me want to vomit! Is there ever real justice in Greece NY? Aparently not! Teens can burglarize autos with no fear of reprisal, and they can get drunk and drugged up and kill a friend in a DWI with little consequence.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be blaming the judge and DA's office.

Anonymous said...

Why do you hate kids so much?

Jail time is not going to bring this young man back.

SCATS said...

To 3:54PM ~~ I don't "hate kids" but I do have a big problem with bad kids who get off the hook for behaviors THEY KNEW WERE WRONG.

I also have a problem with our so called system of "justice" (I use that term very loosely in this town) when someone like Roderick Scott who ultimately is found to be NOT guilty ends up having to spend a week+ in jail FROM THE TIME THE INCIDENT HAPPENED (even BEFORE evidence was collected), but then along comes Princess Gerstner who hasn't seen a cell in the 11 months since she committed a crime that she readily admitted. How does this make any logical/moral/ethical/legal sense??

Anonymous said...

Obviously judges do not consider vehicular homicide to be a crime. Just drinking and driving like lots of lawyers and judges and congress people and city council people and presidents and the guy down the street. Lots of them will be on the road for the next 10 days so beware all you unsuspecting passengers and sober drivers.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can possibly come up with in defense of this punishment is that perhaps the victim's family was somehow ok with this deal, but I don't know that to be true. I guess I could MAYBE put myself in the shoe's of the boy's family and say to myself, "My child was friends with this person, and like it or not, was probably living a lifestyle similar to the young lady. On any given night, it may have been him rather than her behind the wheel, with the same results, except her being the victim. Would I want my child to get another chance?" Again, I have no idea whether any of what I wrote is true, and I have no ties to anyone involved, but I could see it going that way. It might not make the judge's decision the right one, but it would certainly make it easier to swallow.

SCATS said...

To 8:38PM ~~ Your points make sense.

To 9:07PM ~~ Even if that were all true, I still believe it sends the WRONG message. Where do groups like MADD stand on this sort of plea deal, I wonder ... ?