Friday, October 16, 2009

Karl Nielson Speaks Out ...

 
Karl E. Nielsen said...

Hello SCATS Readers,
We need leaders “with Integrity” who will bring the cost of government into line with other communities in our area. This will result in lowering taxes! In Greece, the Republican Party has had such a dominant position that they have taken taxpayers for granted. Without challenge, they have over-assessed properties, taxed excessively, padded budgets, and rewarded party loyalists.

This has resulted in the scandals which have embarrassed every Greece resident.
Every time I opened a newspaper and read about corruption in Greece or received my ever-increasing Town and County Tax Bill, it was apparent that the Greece “one party control” was not working. As a father with a young family and a mortgage, I knew the only way that the voice of the Greece community would be heard was by challenging the current Republican regime. My goal is to decrease taxes and increase accountability.

I look forward to the opportunity to set aside partisan politics and to work cooperatively for the best interests of all Greece residents. With your vote on November 3rd , I will bring a new voice to the Greece Town Board.   10/16/2009 3:02 PM

13 comments:

SCATS said...

Welcome to SCATS, Karl. Thank you for writing in and sharing your views. I hope you will comment again in the future :)

Anonymous said...

I know Karl as a math teacher and if anyone knows how they have juggled the numbers here in Greece, he does. We should all support his bid for election in the third ward.

Go Karl, speak out and tell everyone like it REALLY is. We have got to stop this one horse rule in Greece, it's bankrupting all of us.

Anonymous said...

I would vote for Keri.
No more rubber stamps

SCATS said...

To 5:10PM ~~ Keri? Did you miss the turn for a different forum?

Anonymous said...

He is not running in the 3rd Ward. Lavin and Conlon are running in the 3rd Ward. Karl is in the 4th Ward.

SCATS I am surprised that you didn't know this.

SCATS said...

To 7:55PM ~~ You are correct. And I DO KNOW that, especially since I live in Ward 3. I wasn't reading very carefully when I was going through the pile of comments that accumulated. Dinner was on my mind :0

Anonymous said...

Finally, a person that supports the common good of all the citizens in Greece. This town needs your voice!

Anonymous said...

I'm a thirty year resident of Greece and a registered Republican. I'll be voting Democratic this year. With the foolishness of the Republican 'leadership'(difficult
to call it leadership) and quality Democratic candidates such as Karl, it's an easy decision.

Anonymous said...

Amen to 3:08am. Staying up all night doesn't detract from the great perspective the writer has on this race. I have met Karl and he is as bright and classy a candidate as any that have run in Greece for years. We deserve people like Karl to bring new REAL leadership to our town government. The Republicans have had their time to run things and based on the horrible results, this is the year to "throw the bums out!"

Anonymous said...

Any update from Karl and Jo Meleca on the GTA "more money for us" protest? What will that do to our school taxes?

SCATS said...

To 11:58AM ~~ If you want to control your school taxes, you need to bark up a different tree. The BOARD of EDUCATION is in total control of that particular area.

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd never see the day that SCATS would provide cover for someone in the GTA! The bias is blatantly obvious. But it's your site so you can go back on what used to be your core beliefs if you want.

Just tell me it's only for this election year and that you'll switch back to opposing lucrative GTA contracts after this election.

We want the old SCATS back!

SCATS said...

To 1:22PM ~~ Nothing has changed here. Charlie Hubbard has spoken to this issue before & I see his point. The point is that GTA can't get anything UNLESS our BOE SIGNS ON THE DOTTED LINE. One or two teachers can't do anything about the contract without the BOE's help ;)