Thursday, October 22, 2009

Some Facts & Omissions From New Website

 
New Town of Greece website still has some of the same old problems ...

Information Disclaimer (from Greece Town website)
"Information provided on this Web Site is intended to allow the public immediate access to public information. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current, and reliable information, the Town of Greece recognizes the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Therefore, the Town of Greece, its employees, officers, agents and agencies make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability of the information provided by this Web Site, and deny any expressed or implied warranty as to the same." (They really mean it, too ... and they collect and keep info about your visit!)

Did you know that Auberger can succeed himself? ~~ "The Supervisor of the Town is the presiding member of the Town Board, is elected for a term of four years and is eligible to succeed himself. In addition to the Supervisor, there are four members of the Town Board who are elected for two year terms with term limits of 5 consecutive 2 year terms. The Supervisor is elected at large and each council member is elected from one of four districts."

Unfulfilled Promises:
  • Most Meeting Minutes Not Available
  • Unable to pay taxes online
  • Finding your town ward is still a crapshoot
  • Kirk Morris is the only Town Board Member to NOT provide his personal phone number
One positive improvement is that I discovered a link to the 2009 budget.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Greece web site does not seem very attractive. Not a great job.

I noticed that the front page features press releases from the town which all carry Auberger's name.
They don't seem to say (paraphrasing) The Town of Greece announces but Supervisor Auberger announces.

How many times is his name on the front page. Isn't this basically a paid political commercial for Auberger

Do we live in Greece or Auberger town.

Does John even know the difference?

Anonymous said...

wow, there's shocker. An anti-Auberger person making an anti-Auberger comment on a pro-Maloney blog. That was a brilliant and riveting review of the site. I don't think it is pretty.

*yawn*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SCATS said...

To 2:25PM ~~ If you want "pretty" you'll have to go back to MoronsRanting ;)

To 2:31PM ~~ If I were you, I wouldn't try to use it. Your comment got deleted for obvious (legal) reasons.

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you!! It was EASY!!!

SCATS said...

To 3:31PM ~~ I don't doubt you for a minute. I tried and all I get is the Monroe County tax tie-in site. There's no way to pay by credit card that I can see ...

Anonymous said...

I just reviewed several minutes from past board meetings on their site. Maybe they went up after 12:29 am in the morning. I can't believe there were a few things not yet up and running for your liking that late at night.

I'm sure you'll run an update, you know, just to be current and factual. ;)

SCATS said...

To 5:09PM ~~ Believe me, I didn't review and compose that entire summary at that hour. In fact, I've compiled info over the time period since the new website appeared earlier this week, some of it shared via email by others who were disappointed. There are IN FACT minutes for ONLY THREE Town Board meetings posted. The minutes for the other boards are shown just since Sept. 1st. MOST MINUTES are NOT there, so I will hold off on that "update."

I did find it especially interesting to note that the TOWN BOARD approved the Army training exercises at Town Hall slated to begin at 7:30AM on Sept. 12th at 5:35PM in a special meeting on Sept. 9th ... that was cutting it kind of close and flies in the face of people who claim it was announced weeks ahead of time.

Anonymous said...

I bet 'I Am Him' read SCATS and decided to upload minutes from a few meetings just so she could write that complaint. Right 5:09?

SCATS said...

To 7:25PM ~~ That wouldn't surprise me at all. I've heard that some folks at Town Hall read this BLOG ;)

Anonymous said...

7:25, wrong. I can officially call that a lie because i have no idea if she reads this site.

Finally, I proven lie that can officially be acknowledged by SCATS!

SCATS said...

To 2:36PM ~~ Sorry to disappoint you but I can't discern your comment from any other anonymous poster's comments. There's only one BLOG that makes such ridiculous claims.

Anonymous said...

Every one please go to web sight.
Rochester.YNN.com/Default.aspx?ArID=480596.

Will see Auberger in action with his heart being devastated over a teenager killed in a car accident in Nov. of 2005 at
Ridge and Cabot Rd. and Sgt. Ball really messed things up on this accident, Hiding information or protecting the drivers. another thing happened under Auberger's nose as everything else has in this town. Sgt. Ball with no remorse. No heart.

SCATS said...

To 1:15AM ~~ I can't get that link to work. I tried to do a search to find what it was, but came up with something recent that obviously wasn't correct.